The V. Sagar Sethi, M.D. Mental Health Research Award
The V. Sagar Sethi, M.D. Mental Health Research Award was created with an endowment from the late Dr. Sethi, a longtime psychiatrist in Charlotte and member of the North Carolina Psychiatric Association and American Psychiatric Association. The award seeks to "honor a scientist for significant contributions to basic research in the neurosciences, psychology, or pharmacology at a molecular, cellular or behavioral level."
- Significant contribution to basic research
- Research has had a significant impact or is highly likely to have a significant impact on clinical psychiatric care.
- Physician or PhD who is conducting active research in the United States
- Self-nominations will not be accepted, although the nominee can assist in providing information
- Must be available to present a lecture at the NCPA Annual Meeting and Scientific Session (September 13-17, 2017 in Myrtle Beach, SC)
- Submissions should include a 1-page nomination letter explaining the significance of the nominee's research and the nominee's CV.
- Submissions may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 919-851-0044, or mailed to:
Psychiatric Foundation of NC
Attn: Sethi Award Selection Committee
4917 Waters Edge Dr., Suite 250
Raleigh, NC 27606
- The 2017 nomination period is now closed. The 2018 nomination period will open fall 2017.
- The recipient will receive a cash award
- Travel support to attend and present a lecture during the NC Psychiatric Association's Annual Meeting & Scientific Session in the fall
2016 Helen Mayberg, M.D.
Emory University School of Medicine
2015 Nora Volkow, M.D.
National Institute on Drug Abuse
2014 P. Jeffrey Conn, Ph.D.
2013 Charles Nemeroff, M.D., Ph.D.
University of Miami
2012 Patrick Sullivan, M.D.,FRANZCP
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill